Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Doritos Chicken Casserole

So this evening I was in the mood for a casserole. Sometimes there is nothing better that a little comfort food for dinner. Something simple but yet so delicious. I searched around on pinterest for something that caught my eye.. when i stumbled upon this tasty treat- Mexican Dorito Casserole. My inspiration and the basic recipe came from this lovely blog: http://www.jamhands.net/2008/12/mexican-chicken-casserole.html

so here is my version:

Mexican Dorito Casserole

Ingredients:

3 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 c. shredded cheese (I know that I definitely used more than this)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (canned tomatoes with jalepenos)
1/2 packet taco seasoning (or more- to taste)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste.. some people don't like there food spicey)
Bag of doritos

First start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees


I read recipes all the time that require shredded chicken but they never give much direction on how to shred the chicken.. we all know its super easy but I thought I would give an easy tip just in case you don't know how.. all you have to do is boil the chicken until it is cooked all the way through and then using your finger and/or a fork to shred the breasts. it ends up looking like this:



After shredding the chicken simply add all of your ingredients into a bowl and stir it all up. I ended up adding extra sour cream to mine because i wanted to make sure it was nice and moist.. but you could add more cream of chicken soup if you prefer







Next be sure to spray a baking dish with pam. I would say to use at least a 2 quart dish. By the time I was finished my dish was filled to the very brim.


Once your dish is greased start out by crushing a layer of doritos in the bottom. Next put a layer of the chicken mixture, than repeat the doritos, followed by another layer of the mixture.


Once you have your casserole layered in the dish finish it off with a layer of cheese on the top.



Put in the oven and bake for at least 40 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
Once it is finished it looks like this:






We also made a side dish of mexican rice which was perfect with it!
Dish yourself up and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment